Friday, June 23, 2006

I Passed Gas on I-75 South. Sort of…

Well, I really didn't pass gas. I passed a billboard that simply stated "I pooted." I laughed out loud. Right in the middle of a Grand National song playing on XM Radio. Whoda thunk that a simple billboard could take the edge off a commute? I need to get me a camera phone. I would have posted a pic here for those of you in disbelief. If you google it you can find some pics.

Was this a frustrated sign designer's last day at work? Like they are saying "On my last day I'm gonna stick it to the man. I'm gonna design a big ass 'I pooted' billboard. It'll be funny. People all over the nation will laugh and blog about my rapier wit. Bwahahahah." Or maybe it was a well thought out ad by a tired ad exec's 12 year old son for baked beans. Picture the scenario: It's 2AM the night before a presentation is due and the ad exec has been through more failed slogans than he has fingers and toes when his son who is giddy from the lack of sleep due to a marathon chat session on myspace comes out cackling at himself and says "I pooted." Ding ding ding!!! Well, I had to find out.

Upon arriving to work I immediatley logged in and did a little "crack" research. It appears that billboard is part of an ad campaign by the Cartoon Network. Other billboards in other cities with the same crimson background and white letters read "I'm a Hot Toe Picker" and "Clowns Hate Tangelos". They appear to be from the cartoons "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends" and "The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy" from the Cartoon Network.

I was disappointed it wasn't a disgruntled designer wreaking havoc with a national ad campaign.

Thanks, Cartoon Network for a delightful "gufaw" on the way into work.

No comments: