Thursday, August 3, 2006

I don’t like curry anyway

Outsourced Well, It's been awhile since I last blogged. (Is that a verb?). Much has happened. As I checked the date of my last post it was approximately over a month ago. Way too long. I really shouldn't make both my readers wait that long for an update/musing. The big news is my job was outsourced. I guess they have 3 or 4 underpaid, over zealous minions doing the bidding of the big corporate machine I used to work for. Am I bitter? Nah. I had been looking for another challenge for awhile. The "bangladeshing" of my position just motivated me to take a more active role in my job search.

The good news is I have a new job. I'm working as a contract Flash Developer for a small Atlanta based multi media company. It's a nice change of pace where you can be walked around in 15 minutes and meet everyone at the company. They eat a lot of cake at the new company. I think 5 people have had birthdays since I started 2 weeks ago. Free sodas too. Now all is left is beer on Fridays and mandatory Quake 3 breaks and the good ole days of millions of dollars in stock options and weeks of sleepless nights are back! I remeber when you could walk into a venture capitalist's office with "I'm going to sell (insert item, service, sex here) online" written on a cocktail napkin and walk out with a check for half the gross national product of Bhutan. Those were the days.

No comments: