Sunday, June 4, 2006

Musical Tedium part II

UC33eWell, I've finally figured out how to control Tracktion with my UC33e. It makes mixing a track much easier. As I said in my previous post, I'm re-mixing my track "Reflections". I've got the track re-built and I'm now in the mixing phase. Since there are only nine tracks in this tune I'm able to mix most of it without having to change patches on the UC33e. I only mapped the volume faders and pan knobs. It really takes the drudgery out of mixing with a mouse. I plan on using it with VST instruments and everything.

Tracktion doesn't support the UC33e natively so I had to set it up as a generic controller. A lot of people copmplain about this saying that is the reason why they won't buy Tracktion. I have no problem. Like with everything else in Tracktion, it's stupid easy to set the controller up. It shows up as a USB audio device. You simply choose it then a screen pops up and you choose a parameter to control then move a fader, turn a knob or push a button. Done!

No comments: