Tuesday, July 3, 2007

I Have a New Addiction

It's been awhile since I got totally cracked out on a video game.

My new time killer dujour is called Sensible Soccer 2006. It's easy-peasy to play. There are essentially only two buttons you use: Pass and Shoot. The cool thing is after you hold down the shoot button for power you can apply all kinds of English to the ball and score some pretty killer goals. Nothing like pegging the upper left hand corner from 35 yards out. The sprint button is useful for knocking opposing players off the ball as well. You can play an entire game in about 15 minutes too.

There are tons of options for playing leagues an tournaments. Right now I'm in the middle of a 40 game season playing as Newcastle. I lost my first two games then tied two and heave been undefeated since.

There are patches you can download to make the play a little more realistic. I'll probably get those when I finish my first season. You have to win tourneys and leagues to unlock different balls, pitches and playing conditions. The game is a total hoot.

Even if you are not a big soccer fan, this is fun to play. I haven't played any of the EA FIFA games but I hear Sensible Soccer is much easier to play. Even thought the play is kind of arcade like the players seem to behave with real "soccer intelligence."

I am having much fun with this one.

No comments: