Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Archived Studio Notes vol. 3

There is a new addition to the Intelligent Design Studios... Spectrasonics Atmosphere. Atmosphere bills itself as a "Dream Synth" and it is exactly that. That VSTi sounds amazing. I got it on eBay for about 180.00 less than what it retails for. All I can say is after about one hour of listening to some of the sounds I'm totally inspired. I'm looking forward to having this in my arsenal for future tracks. I'm sure I'll be getting a lot of mileage out of this one.



The only thing I don't like about it is that the Spectrasonics EULA forbids you from making loops with Atmosphere and selling them as part of a collection. I guess I understand their point. They did spend lots of time sampling lots of instruments to create their sound set. But still it is a bit annoying.

No comments: